Sunday, September 07, 2008

 

9/7



9/7/96 - David Bowie @ The Capitol Ballroom.

The Capitol Ballroom later became dance club behemoth Nation. Bowie had been a hero of mine for years. I couldn't believe I had the opportunity to see him in a club like this. It was a huge club, to be sure, but the last time I saw him was when he played Giants Stadium in front of about a billion people. This was like having him in my living room.

He was still going through his "I refuse to play the hits" phase but nobody really cared. It was Bowie. And his album tracks aren't exactly anything to sneeze at.

He opened with "Look Back In Anger" - one of my all-time faves. "Scary Monsters", "Aladdin Sane", "The Man Who Sold The World", "All The Young Dudes" and over a dozen more. The ending combo of "White Light/White Heat" and "Moonage Daydream" was pretty much over the top. Bowie..in a club...singing "Moonage Daydream"? It doesn't get much better than that. You can retire the hits forever if you keep this up.



9/ 7/07 - 9353/King Giant/Rustbuckit @ 9:30.


I'm surprised I don't have a ticket stub for this one. I guess I lost it. Oh, well. Old review here. Rustbuckit brought the rock. 9353 was a glorious mess - as always. Great to have them back, although I hear they're a bit of a mess again. Here's a pic from that show. I have a bunch of really crappy pics on flickr.

Comments:
I saw Bowie's Boston club date that year too! I still have the shirt that lists the lonely, 4 dates on the back.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?