Wednesday, October 31, 2007

 

Random Stuff

Long Time No Blog

Let's see...


Last night was the High Heel Race here in DC. This thing has gotten huge. We got there 2 hours early and there were already hundreds of people lined up. By the time the race started there were thousands. I'd say the crowd was about 60% straight. We hung out at a nearly-empty Cobalt until race time. Then we went outside and couldn't get anywhere near the race. Lots to see afterwards though. Fun was had by all.

I saw Pansy Division last week. How can you not love a guy in a fabulous little black cocktail dress singing a song called "James Bondage"? Their set was short but sweet. I hope they make their way back soon.

Bob Mould's dvd Circle of Friends came out about a week ago. He had a viewing in a local theater and played a short acoustic set after. Despite the fact that I buy plenty of concert dvds, I usually don't like them. They tend to get really boring after the first 30 minutes or so. Not this one. Very well done. It's nice when the recording lives up to your memory. It just rocks from start to finish. And I'm not just saying that because I was at the show where it was filmed. I'm nowhere to be seen in the video (I'm way in the back), but these guys are right up front the whole time. They're all over it.

My dad had a hernia operation last week. It wasn't supposed to be a big deal, but there were complications a few days later and I ended up spending most of Saturday in the emergency room with him. He's fine now, thankfully.

R.E.M. has a new live cd/dvd. The cd is far better than I predicted. Another great example of a band that can put out horribly boring records, yet still kick ass live. I haven't watched the dvd yet. This weekend. They debuted a new song on news-hottie Anderson Cooper's show a couple weeks ago. It sounds like it could have come from one of their horribly boring records. Fingers-crossed that the next one rocks a little harder.

Homecoming was fun. I can't believe I've been out of college for 20 years. I ran into some folks I haven't seen in over 15 years. Great time. I did make a slight fashion mistake when I wore my Washington Nationals cap around town. You see...We were playing Wisconsin that weekend. And here I am walking around town in my bright red hat with a big ol' "W" on it. Doh!
I survived most of the weekend by consuming almost nothing but grilled stickies and beer. Todd Blackledge loves him some stickies too.

Most importantly - I never sold my tickets, so this time tomorrow we'll be rocking out with the mighty Van Halen. It's gonna be ugly - and I mean that in a very, very good way.

No real plans this weekend. Exactly as I want it.

Comments:
It is scary/strange how quickly the years fade by! Hope the Van Halen concert was all it was cracked up to be. And glad you're Dad's doing fine :)
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?