Saturday, March 20, 2010

 

Landover '92

3-8-1992 Grateful Dead @ Capital Centre - Landover, MD
3-9-1992 Grateful Dead @ Capital Centre - Landover, MD


Oops - Looks like I skipped these. Not too surprising, really. 1992 kinda sucked.

These were the first 2 of 7 shows I'd see in the Spring of '92. I do recall these shows weren't really all that bad - especially for 1992. I have tapes somewhere, but I'm too lazy to dig them up. I never bothered to get digital copies. I should probably do that someday.

The only thing that sticks out from this run was the fact that I finally got to see "Big Railroad Blues" - a song they only played like once a year. This was the only time I ever saw it. The encores were a treat, too. "Mighty Quinn" and a cover of The Stones' "Satisfaction". I recall that one being sloppy, but lots of fun. I think that was the only time I got to see that one, too.

I was able to dig up some old USENET posts where I mention several times that I loved these shows. hmm... I remember thinking they were pretty good for 1992, but "loved" seems a bit strong. Maybe I do need to download these and re-evaluate.

You can stream the shows at the links below.

3/8/92
--------
Let The Good Times Roll
Touch Of Grey
New Minglewood Blues
Ramble On Rose
Black-Throated Wind
Loose Lucy
Desolation Row
Big Railroad Blues
The Music Never Stopped


Samson And Delilah
Way To Go Home
Foolish Heart
Looks Like Rain
Wave To The Wind
Drums > Space
All Along The Watchtower
So Many Roads
Throwing Stones
Not Fade Away

Mighty Quinn



3/9/92
--------
Jack Straw
West L.A. Fadeaway
Me And My Uncle
Big River
Row Jimmy
Cassidy
Deal


Victim Or The Crime
Iko Iko
Corrina
Dark Star
Drums > Space
I Need A Miracle
Morning Dew

Satisfaction

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?