Monday, February 01, 2010

 

Random Stuff

I actually watched the Grammys in their entirety last night. I came to the conclusion that we're all doomed. The Lady Gaga/Elton John duet was really good - and I'm not exactly a big Gaga fan...although I admit I'm becoming intrigued by her. Cirque du Pink was pretty damn awesome. Wow. But beyond that I thought it was pretty much a disaster.

My last entry made me realize that I'm totally falling out of touch with the local music scene. One of my resolutions this year is to start paying more attention again. Casper Bangs has been sending me emails for a few months. I finally gave in and ordered their new 7". It's pretty darn good. I did a little research and discovered their connection to The Hard Tomorrows, who I used to love. That explains how I got on CB's mailing list. Anyway - Buy the 2-song 7" and get a download code for 5 tracks. Not a bad deal. I missed their show on Friday, but I'll make it a point to be there next time.

Any other suggestions who I should start back in with?

My big news for the week is that Joe's Record Paradise is moving to downtown Silver Spring. In fact - The grand opening is today. I'm totally excited about this. No more trekking out to Rockville to go vinyl shopping. The new location is about 10 minutes from my house and walking distance from both my gym and my favorite bar in town. I totally see me going to the gym...rewarding myself with record shopping...then blowing my workout by going to The Quarry House, loading up on tater tots and reviewing my purchases with greasy fingers and a few cold ones. Sweeeet.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?