Thursday, September 18, 2008

 

The roof...The roof...

So I'm at The Black Cat watching Statehood...anxiously awaiting the big Faraquet reunion. So far so good.

But then I get a call on my cell phone from my mother. I think that's a little strange...she never calls me on my cell. But the show is sold out and I don't feel like fighting my way through the crowd, only to find out she just wanted to say "hi" and talk about why I never visit. So I promptly ignored the call.

But then she calls again about 5 minutes later. hmmm...that doesn't bode well. I start to think that maybe my dad or sister is sick and I had better call her ASAP. I worm my way through the jam-packed crowd and out the front door, where I can actually listen to the 2 voicemail messages she left.

"ummm...Hi Jim - It's Mom. ADT just called. Your alarm is going off. They said they think your house is on fire. You should probably go home and check."

AAAAAGGGGHHHH!!!!!!!!


I make it from The Black Cat to my house in about 15 minutes (normally a 30-minute drive), only to find everything is fine. There's a message from ADT on my machine saying that they're getting failure messages from the smoke alarm. I called them and they think it's either the battery or flaky wiring withing the alarm itself. Nothing to really worry about. Phew.

That may have been the longest 15 minutes of my life though.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?