Thursday, September 25, 2008

 

9/25


9/25/89 - The Rolling Stones/Living Colour @ RFK Stadium

I hated everything about this show.

I remember dialing dialing dialing trying to get tickets. By the time I got through all they had left was up at the veeeerry top, on the side with an obstructed view. dammit. Fine. I'll take 'em. About 10 minutes later they announced a second show (actually the night before). I could have easily been on the floor. dammit.

I was sick as a dog. I had a cold for about a week and was absolutely miserable. I would have bailed, but my friend Michele wouldn't go alone and I didn't want her to miss it. dammit.

It was pouring down rain the entire time. Luckily we were so high up we were under cover, but just the trip from the Metro to the stadium was enough to keep me completely soaked to the bone. dammit.

Living Colour opened. I really thought they were great back then. Unfortunately, playing to a nearly empty stadium in pouring rain caused complete chaos with the sound. Imagine sticking your head in the toilet, closing the lid and flushing it while someone stands nearby with an AM radio cranked up to 11. Well...It didn't quite sound that good.

I remember The Stones being fine. I ended up having a good time. How could I not? The setlist looked something like this. This was the last time I'd see Bill Wyman with the band. He left after this tour.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?