Sunday, September 21, 2008

 

9/20


9/20/87 - The Dead Milkmen @ 9:30 Club - Washington, DC

I guess this was on the Bucky Fellini tour. I remember thinking "Bitchin' Camaro" and "Instant Club Hit (You'll Dance To Anything)" were hilarious - even though the latter was pretty much an insult directed right at me and my friends. Oh well...

This show resulted in one of my favorite 9:30 memories. We were right up front, getting thrashed around all over the place. I decided that I had had enough, but I didn't feel like literally fighting my way to the back of the crowd (not that there was any room back there anyway). So I decided to just jump up on the stage and sit up there. I was off to the left, right against the wall. Talk about the best seat in the house. The band saw me, but didn't care. If anything, I helped keep stage divers away from the band. I didn't want them stepping all over me either. So I got to watch most of the show while sitting on the stage and playing part-time bouncer. What a great time.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?