Monday, May 05, 2008

 

Fleeting Joys

I think my new favorite album (at least for this month) is Despondent Transponder by Fleeting Joys. I know it's not really new, but I just got my hands on a copy. Bob turned me on to these guys a couple years back, but their CD has been long out of print. I had all but given up on it, but I just noticed that they decided to press another limited run. Excellent. Go buy it while you can. It's available on emusic and iTunes, too, if you're one of those download people.

It's total shoegaze goodness. A loud, fuzzy, swirly, feedback-laden, massive wall-of-guitar sound, with sweet, lilting, melodic vocals on top. It's like if Book of Love was singing over top of a My Bloody Valentine record. Beautiful.

Fleeting Joys - Lovely Crawl


In a perfect world, someone would bring them to DC and book them with A Place To Bury Strangers. That wouldn't suck at all.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?