Tuesday, September 04, 2007

 

What's My Scene?


We've got new work hours, starting today. The good news is I now get a full hour for lunch. The bad news is that I have to be there at 7-friggin' a.m. Ugh. If I can workout during my lunch hour and actually leave the office at 4:00, it might not be so bad. It's going to suck on show nights though.

Speaking of which...I have tickets to 2 different concerts tonight. I was pretty excited about seeing Editors and bought a ticket immediately. Later, the Hoodoo Gurus announced they were coming to The Black Cat. The Gurus rarely play the US these days - the last time being in the early 90s. I haven't seen them since '86, when I saw them open for The Bangles. I have a feeling this is probably my last chance to catch them, so I'm going for it. I'm sure Editors will be back relatively soon.

The Hoodoo Gurus are yet another example of a band where everybody that knows their music absolutely loves them. Unfortunately, they never got much attention over here and have gone largely unnoticed, except for a few minor alternative-radio hits. They're huge in their homeland of Australia, but virtually unknown here. It's a shame, because they're a great band. Stoneage Romeos is an '80s classic. "I Want You Back" is pop perfection. I defy you to not shake your ass a little when they play "Miss Freelove '69". Tonight is guaranteed to be great.

I expect to be very, very tired tomorrow.



Comments:
Being tired tomorrow will be well worth it! Enjoy, and I hope you blog the details. 7 is very early, by the way!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?