Friday, December 29, 2006

 

Random Stuff

Deciding to be completely lazy this Xmas really paid off. No tree. No decorating. No party. Minimal shopping. It turned out to be the most relaxing and enjoyable Xmas we've had in years. We attended a few parties, caught up with some friends and just had a nice time. Christmas day, itself, was spent driving around Maryland, combining our families and eating a ridiculous amount of food. Later that night we went to yet another gathering at a friend's house. Family, friends and food - and I still got to sleep in my own bed. It was pretty much the perfect holiday. My 4-year-old niece, however, couldn't have been more apathetic towards the bike. Oh well...

Last night was spent celebrating "Jimbo Day" in the smoke-free section of Cobalt. So nice to come home not reeking of cigarette smoke. 4 more days until DC bans smoking in bars. Can't. Wait.

This weekend - Hometown heroes The Slickee Boys are having their annual holiday reunion show. Tonight at Iota. Tomorrow at The Ottobar in Baltimore. 5 bands on that Baltimore bill. Ugh. It'll be worth it though. They never disappoint. DC punk rock royalty. Highly recommended.

The final Bluestate is also tonight. That sucks. I didn't make it to many of those, but they were always a blast. If we get out of Iota early enough tonight, I may try to swing by.

I appear to be one of the few people in the DC area working all week. Drag. I just don't see me burning a week of vacation for no real reason. At least it's an easy week to work. No traffic. Very few annoying co-workers. And now it looks like I may get Tuesday off. Sweet.

No plans for NYE. Metro runs late - Maybe we'll just hit The Eagle. We'll see.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?