Monday, October 16, 2006

 

It's a....It's a....It's aaaa....

Me, Dinger, 2000 other gay men and about 5 women went to see The Pet Shop Boys last night. Closing my eyes, it brought back lots of memories of coming out in the late 80's/early 90's. ....Happy Hour at JR's....madras shorts....Izods with popped collars....the smell of Aramis and Polo filling the air....***shudder*** But the show was great. The new songs were pretty good and I forgot just how many hits they had. Dinger says they weren't as theatrical as they were some 10-15 years ago, but they still put on a heck of a show.

I can't imagine a gay world without the Pet Shop Boys. They've always been there, ever since I came out. Hell - I was listening to them before I came out. Helloooo.....wasn't anyone paying attention? They were always a bit of relief from all the other crap music I heard in the bars. Something about Neil's voice was just very comforting, even when I wasn't terribly sure of what I was feeling, or where I was headed. In college I'd be listening to The Dead Kennedys with my friends, then try to sneak-in a quick listen of my "West End Girls" 7" when they weren't around - lol.

Anyway - here's one they didn't play last night.



Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?