Wednesday, August 02, 2006

 

SK postponed


Last night's Sleater-Kinney show at 9:30 was cancelled. Something about a power transformer overheating. It could potentially blow and kill the club's power. The DC Fire Marshall shut the club down.

I hadn't even been there 10 minutes when they made the announcement. I was about 4 sips into my beer when they told us to leave. I thought about lingering and finishing my beer, but I had thoughts of that Rhode Island concert incident and decided it was best to just leave while it was easy and safe.

It looks like the show has been rescheduled for this Thursday. From the SK website:

The DC show that was shut down by the Fire Department will be rescheduled for this Thursday, August 3rd. Doors at 7:30 pm, S-K will start at 9. Check back here for more details, or go to: www.930.com.

I guess I won't make it to see The Hard Tomorrows and Georgie James at Fort Reno tomorrow after all. Oh well.

Thanks to the club and the band for rescheduling so fast.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?