Friday, July 14, 2006

 

CDs from San Francisco

CDs I bought from my beloved Amoeba and Rasputin. Amoeba is a far better store, but Rasputin was directly across the street from my hotel. How dangerous was that?









The list:

Pere Ubu - The Modern Dance
And You Will Know Us By The Trail Of The Dead - Source Tags and Codes
Naz Nomad and the Nightmares - Give Daddy The Knife Cindy
Seam - Kernel EP
Soundtrack Of Our Lives - Behind The Music
The Oranges Band - The World And Everything In It
The Fleshtones - Do You Swing?
Codeine - The White Birch
The Mice - Almost Forever Scooter
Come - Eleven:Eleven
Beastie Boys - Some Old Bullshit
Bang! Bang! - Decked Out


I'm embarassed to say that I've never heard "The Modern Dance" until last week.

Naz Nomad... is really The Damned doing a bunch of Nuggets-esque cover songs. I'm not sure if it's kind of a joke or they're being serious. Either way - it's REALLY good. This is one of those cds I've been meaning to get since college, but I just never got around to it.

The Mice - Highly recommended by my old college roommate/musical-instigator. 60's influenced power-pop with a bit of Buzzcocks thrown in. One of the many long-forgotten should-have-been-huge bands from the 80's.

Punk Rock Beasties. I bought it for Cooky Puss though.

Bang! Bang! - Not to be confused with another band named Bang Bang Bang. Crazy-fun-sex-rock-dance-punk. Their shows are just one big dance party. If you don't have fun at one of their shows, you should probably just stop going out.

The Mice - Felicia
Naz Nomad and the Nightmares (aka The Damned) - She Lied
Bang! Bang! - Days Are #'d


Songs are only up for a few days. If you like what you hear, please support the bands and go buy something.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?