Tuesday, March 28, 2006

 

Hey Hey

(Warning - cranky, tired, old-man alert)

There oughta be a law that says if you're a headlining band and you're playing to more than 500 people you MUST play for at least an hour. I don't care if you play b-sides, cover songs or kazoo solos - you should have an hour's worth of material. If you can't bother to come up with an hour's worth of music, you better damn-well play every song off your new album.

And while I'm at it...I got to the show last night at about 9:40. I could hear the music from down the block as I was walking towards the club. I couldn't hear the girl at the door when she spoke to me. I figured The Spinto Band was just playing long, but no. I walked into the main room and discovered it was the DJ music between sets. Hey 9:30 - turn it the f--k down. People shouldn't need to wear earplugs BETWEEN bands. It was a little better in the balcony, but the main floor was WAY too loud, considering there was no band on the stage.

Other than that, The Arctic Monkeys were terrific. The set was short, but sweet. It's impossible to live up to the ridiculous amount of hype they have, but I was pretty impressed.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?