Tuesday, December 27, 2005

 

Random Christmas Stuff

This is probably going to go down as our most hectic Xmas season ever. From having company over for 2 weekends in December, a birthday celebration that lasted nearly a week, A Christmas party of our own, attending several other gatherings, a handful of shows, several Boys-nights-out, and - oh yeah - Christmas itself - it's been a helluva month. And we've still got a couple of shows, another party and NYE coming up. sheesh.

The Slickee Boys were nothing short of amazing. The Post seems to agree. Switchblade were terrific as well, but I'll admit I was ready for them to be done about 5 songs before they finished. Rockabilly just bores me after a while. The Slickees were the best I've seen them in years. Even the BF thought they were a blast. I can't wait for the Baltimore show on Thursday. I never go to Baltimore anymore, so you know this is a big deal for me. I don't go to Baltimore unless it's absolutely necessary. The Slickees definitely qualify.

Xmas Eve was actually a fairly quiet day. I somehow managed to get all of my presents wrapped beforehand, leaving the gym as the only thing on my to-do list. How that happened, I'm not quite sure. This guy managed to convince us to head downtown to celebrate an early Xmas with our mostly-blogger-buds and their significant others, and to hang out with the adorable Mr. Bartender, since he had to work that evening. The plan was to go hang out for a short while, wish everyone a Merry Xmas and head out. I think it was sometime around midnight when the Santa Claus' alter-ego Jäger Claus made an appearance and quickly altered our plans. Next thing we knew it was after 2:00am and we had to dash out to catch the Metro. Time flies when you're surrounded by such cool, fun people.

Christmas Day was awesome, despite having a slight twinge of a headache. The BF and I exchanged presents, drove north to pick up his Mom (more present swapping), then south to visit my family for yet more presents and an insane amount of food. We're so lucky that our parents love each other and live nearby. It makes life so much easier on holidays. The highlight of the day was watching my 2.5 year old niece run around opening presents. Being the incredibly cool uncles, we got her the favorite present of the day. Similar to Rob and TJ's niece, my niece is being raised to refer to the BF as "Uncle Don". That means the world to me.

Still, a day with the combined families has it's share of stress, so after taking his mom home and dumping off our Xmas booty, it was time to head out for a little fun and return the favor to Sean, who was working Xmas night. Off to the Ultra-Chic Lounge where most of those listed above were in attendance, along with a few other folks. A much more sedate evening, where we all just kind of hung out and shared the tales of our day. A nice, relaxing end to a fairly hectic weekend.

I can't remember when I've been so busy having so much fun. This whole month has been a whirlwind of friends, family and general craziness. And it's not over yet. How friggin' cool is that?

Comments:
Jäger Claus...LOL :)
 
Brilliant Line! I'm totally stealing that!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?