Friday, June 17, 2005

 
Thanks to OnTap Magazine I ended up with a last-minute free ticket to Bloc Party's show last night. I was going to see Travis Morrison, but since it was free, I opted for Bloc Party instead. I'll catch Travis at Fort Reno this summer.

For a show that sold out in weeks in advance, there sure were tons of people looking to sell their extras outside. Considering that there was a fair amount of room available in the back of the club, it looks like many people got stuck with them. Missed all the openers. Bloc Party put on a good, solid, brief set (about an hour, including the encore). Had I never seen them before, I probably would have thought they were great. Having seen them 3 times in 2 months (twice this week alone), they just didn't do much for me last night. I like their CD and EP a lot, but I think I'm Bloc-Partied-out. That says more about me than their performance. They sounded fine. I'm glad I went. I'm glad it was free. I won't go out of my way to see them again any time soon.

Oh yeah - you can download the show here. NPR broadcast it last night and they're making it available in mp3 format.

Decahedron's playing the Black Cat on Sunday. I'd like to go, but it's Father's Day. I doubt I'll get back in time to hit the show. Gotta spend time with Dad. I don't do that enough.

Got the re-ish of You're Living All Over Me this week. What an awesome disc. Highly recommended.

My boss is back after a rather lengthy absence. Back with a vengeance. Ugh. When's it my turn for a vacation?

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?