Friday, December 03, 2004

 

Ted and WSC

The Ted Leo/WSC show was terrific. We tried to time our arrival so we'd get there shortly before WSC came on. Apparently, things got off to a late start and we ended up catching just about all of Mary Timony's set. She was pretty good, but had I known about the late start time, we would have stayed home a little longer. That's not a slag on her - I enjoyed her set. But the BF wasn't feeling great, so I was trying to prevent him from hanging out in a smoky bar as much as I could. I'm not sure, but I think her drummer was the guitarist/singer from Medications. I'm too lazy to verify that. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Ted Leo was good, but I'll admit I preferred the show we saw last winter. Maybe because that was the first time, it seemed a little more exciting. Six Months In A Leaky boat was a surprise though. I need to dig out that Split Enz cd. A good rockin' time was had by all. The show was close to a sellout, but I don't think it quite got there.

The highlight of the evening (for us anyway) was Washington Social Club. These guys (and gal) rock our world. Lots of new material. Typical fun, rockin' songs. It'll be nice to see how they develop. It was a little odd watching the crowd just stand around while they were playing. I know DC audiences are infamous for "doing the standing still", but WSC usually gets people moving. I can't recommend this band enough.

Next up: Bob Mould at the Birchmere an Saturday.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?