Tuesday, December 21, 2004

 

Rambling Randomness

We had our Xmas open-house/party-thing over the weekend. It went much better than I expected. It always does. That's the way it works. I moan about how much I hate these things, about how there's no way we're doing it next year, etc. Then I end up having a really good time. It's all part of the game we play. Most of our neighbors showed up, including a few I'd never met. The cynical side of me thinks they just wanted to see what the homos have done to the house since we moved in. They seemed duly impressed. After seeing some of their houses, I'm not surprised. Our houses all started off being identical 50 years ago. They've all changed over time. Now our house has a bigger kitchen, finished basement, swimming pool, covered porch, driveway, etc. There's no doubt in my mind we've got the best house on the block. Yay for us! Of course, they probably paid half of what we did. Anyway - the party was fun. I'm sure I'll complain about it again next year.


I've apparently scratched my left cornea. My vision was getting very blurry over the last 2 weeks and I was becoming painfully sensitive to bright light (including sunlight). The doctor gave me some steroid drops and told me to stop wearing my contacts for a week or so. My vision is improving and the light sensitivity is pretty much gone. I hate wearing my glasses though. They're about 8 years old and the prescription is way-off. I can't wear them at night at all. I'm debating either getting new glasses or going for the laser surgery. Everyone I know swears by the surgery. I just have this fear that 10 years from now it's going to be common knowledge that this laser stuff was a Very Bad Idea. I may go for it though. We'll see how the finances are after Xmas.


Last night I came home after my eye doctor's appointment, greeted by my BF at the door doing his best Michael Stipe impression. He was mimicking what Stipe does when he sings "Animal" in concert. He's so adorable. "Whoa."

Now playing: My current favorite Xmas CD "VH-1's The Big 80's Christmas". The Ramones, The Smithereens, The Waitresses, Squeeze and more.

Things I'd like to do this week, but probably won't have time: John Waters at 9:30, The Hard Tomorrows at the Black Cat. I'm absolutely determined to see The Slickees though. Tru Fax and the Insaniacs are opening. Yowza. Sorry Mom. Gotta leave Christmas dinner a little early.

Speaking of The Slickees, I met someone at a different Xmas party this weekend who used to hang out at the old 9:30 Club back in the 80's. It sounds like we were probably at a bunch of the same shows...Black Market Baby, The Dead Milkmen, Black Flag, The Slickee Boys....Swapping stories about the good-old-days is always fun.

I've recently become addicted to "Days Of Our Lives". Partly because of him. (I'll post a better link when I'm not at work.) Thank God for The Soap Network.


Update: Here's a better link. His name is Kyle Lowder. He still looks better on tv though.






Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?