Saturday, December 11, 2004

 
I got rear-ended the other night. And not in a good way. Someone ran into my car on the way to see Patti Smith on Thursday. Not a tremendous amount of damage. The guy almost cleared me, but he clipped the corner of my bumper. It looks like someone punched the rear-passenger corner of the bumper. Crap. It's going to be more of a hassle than anything else. I've never been in an accident. Well...nothing that involved a 3rd-party. I wrapped my car around a tree once about 10 years ago. But that was all me. I didn't have to deal with anyone else or another insurance company. I hope there are no hassles with that. Famous last words.

Other than that, Mrs. Lincoln....

Patti Smith was incredible. She makes most of the other shows I've seen this year look like amateur-hour. She performs with such passion and energy it's amazing. She can sure work the crowd into a bit of a frenzy. It's hard not to get caught up in it. Her records are good, but her live shows are just mesmerizing. I was surprised how few people were at the show. Despite my run-in on the way to the club, I still made it about 10 minutes before she came on. The place was only about 1/2-full. As the night went on it seemed to fill up though. By the end of the night there was a respectable crowd. Frankly, I prefer shows like this. Comfortably crowded. Enough of a crowd to get some good energy going, but you're not packed-in like sardines.

Random Xmas Stuff:

I got my Xmas bonus this week.

We're getting our Xmas tree tomorrow.

We're also going to visit my folks tomorrow. We're taking them the presents we bought for ourselves so they can wrap them and give them to us.

We're having an open-house/Xmas party next weekend.

I hate having open house/Xmas parties.

We recently got Digital Cable. Now we get the Speed Channel. There's racing on 24/7.

We recently got a new mini-stereo for the living room. It's going to get lots of use, because I can't stand the Speed Channel.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?