Tuesday, November 09, 2004

 

Muse @ 9:30

I can't decide if Muse totally rocked my f*cking world, or if they were a bit repetitive and boring. When they rocked, they rocked HARD. They have this terrific wall-of-sound that just grabs you by the chest and forces you to pay attention. The singer's lilting voice on top of that noise was just stunning at times. And you can't argue with a band that gets a DC crowd jumping around like I haven't seen in a long, long time.

But the next song did the same thing. So did the next one. And the one after that. It seemed like almost every song relied on the huge, powerful, LOUD wall of noise with the singer's voice floating on top of it. To be honest, it became a little tough to tell the songs apart after a while. Sure, they dropped a piano solo or a scorching guitar solo in occasionally. But the songs still usually came around to that same really-loud-wall-of-sound-with-the-floating-voice thing again.

Not that that's necessarily a bad thing. You could make the same repetitive argument about the Ramones, who I think were one of the greatest bands of all-time. Muse was really good last night. Far better and more aggressive than Absolution would lead you to believe. Without a doubt, they put on a great show. I just can't decide how much I liked it.

Interpol is tonight. I really want to see both opening bands (On! Air! Library! and Secret Machines), but I know I'm gonna get bored waiting over 2 hours before Interpol comes on. I've heard amazing things about Secret Machines though. Maybe I'll time it so I show up for the last couple OAL! songs.

I guess I'd better get moving.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?