Saturday, October 02, 2004

 

Vote For Change in Philadelphia

Went to the "Vote For Change" show in Philly last night. Springsteen, R.E.M., Bright Eyes and John Fogerty. Great show. I went primarily to see R.E.M., but I'll go see Springsteen any day. Missed Bright Eyes. Fogerty sat in w/ the E Street Band, but didn't play a full set.

Got to Philly a little early. Went to Woody's for a few quick ones. Man that place has changed. It used to be packed with young guys. Yesterday it was pretty empty and the guys there had at least 10 years on me.

Highlights of the show included Bruce singing a few verses of "Man On The Moon" with R.E.M., then Michael returning the favor during Bruce's set by singing a verse or two of "Because The Night". Fogerty played Centerfield, Fortunate Son (how appropriate), Proud Mary...hmmm - maybe something else - I forget. The encore was the all-star jam thing with everyone onstage singing "What's So Funny About Peace, Love and Understanding?" and Patti Smith's "People Have The Power". Everyone looked like they were having a blast. Watching Mike Mills jump around behind Bruce during "Born To Run" was classic.

Man... Springsteen can work a crowd into a frenzy. Philly is a huge Springsteen town. The last time I saw him in DC didn't come close to this one.

Yahoo has a few decent photos, including this one.

Came home right after the show. That sucked. I used to drive from DC -> Philly -> DC 2-3 times in one week, when I was following The Dead around. No more. I'm too old for that. I've been dragging all day.

I really wanna go to the finale at MCI. People were selling lots of tickets for under face value last night. I hope something works out for me for that one.

No sure what we're doing tonight. Maybe a disco nap and some Chinese food will help me decide.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?