Thursday, September 30, 2004

 

Debates and Work

I can't do it. I just can't sit through the debates. I care about the issues, but the debate isn't going to change my mind about who I'm going to be voting for. My mind was made up long ago. I saw about 5 minutes of the debate tonight before I fell asleep on the couch.

We're moving our servers at work across town this week. We got everything setup and ready to go at the new location, then realized that the network infrastructure wasn't installed properly, so none of our servers have network access. Oops. This has only been in the planning for stages for 6 months. Glad it's not my job to take care of that. That puts us a day behind though. Hopefully, they'll get it going tomorrow morning, so I can get out of there by noon.

I need to get out early to head to Philly for the first "Vote For Change" gig. Springsteen and R.E.M. I'll bet that won't suck. I think we're just going to drive home after the show though. Not looking forward to that. Won't be the first time I've done that though. I'm just getting too old for it.

I still need to buy WedRock tickets. Think it'll sellout?

Skipped Morrissey. Had a shot at 10th row center, but the BF wasn't into it, so we skipped it. I hear it was great. Ambulance Ltd./Killers on Sunday. I couldn't tell you a single Killers tune, but I can't wait to see Ambulance, Ltd.

Muse tickets on sale today. New Interpol CD is out. I like it. Need to listen to it more.


Comments:
I didn't like the new Interpol the first time I listened. But, I put it on the iPod and have been listening to it on repeat for about three days. I'll say that it gets better with each listen. That nice layer of reverb or whatever that coated TOTBL might not be there, but they still have the chops to pull it off. The stripped down sound reminds me a little bit of Spoon.
 
Have Fun @ The Show.
Peace,
RD
 
I only recently got into Interpol, so I'm pretty much learning the 2 disks at the same time. I've only had TOTBL for about a month.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?