Tuesday, August 03, 2004

 

Orange Alert! Orange Alert!

I don't know about the rest of the country, but the folks in DC are getting tired of these damn alerts. Our reaction has changed from "Oh my God! - Something terrible is gonna happen!" to "Crap - trafffic's gonna suck and it's gonna take forever for me to get in my building today." No one believes them anymore. They're just a pain in the ass. I guess that's not really a good thing. "Be diligent" and all that. But we've had too many false alarms. The alerts are now meaningless around here. They need to come up with new scare tactics.

I've been blog-hopping a bit. I put a few more on my list on the right.

Bought the new Fiery Furnaces and Sonic Youth cd's this week. I'm a sucker for a coupon at Tower. After getting halfway through it, I was ready to list the Fiery Furnaces disc as one of the worst things I've heard all year - second only to The Rapture. The second listen softened my opinion a bit. We'll see how it holds up over time. I like "Sonic Nurse" though. I sort of missed-out on the whole Sonic Youth thing. I remember my college roommate playing "Death Valley 69 " once in a while, when it came out. I liked it, but it didn't blow me away. Bought "Bad Moon Rising" a few years back. Again, I liked it, but I probably haven't listened tomore than 5-6 times. I decided I needed to see them live though, so picked up the new disc. I like it a lot. Looking forward to the show next week.

Going to see Curiosa on Friday. I'll probably see Cooper Temple Clause and the Cure. I'll probably spend the rest of the night getting drunk, wondering how anybody can enjoy The Rapture.

Wow - that's a lot of links. I gotta control that.




Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?