Monday, August 09, 2004

 

Fort Reno

Go see Metropolitan at Fort Reno tonight. It's free, so you have no excuse. Great band.

After nearly 20 years, I finally managed to get my lazy ass over to Fort Reno. Of course the band I wanted to see (Beauty Pill) cancelled due to rain. Can't say I blame them. It sucked though, because that was supposed to be Rachel's final show. Hopefully, they'll do a make-up gig before she moves back to Seattle.

R.E.M. is coming to D.A.R. on 11/1. Fan Club tickets go on sale today. Keeping my fingers crossed for decent seats. Nice that they're playing such a small venue. But $75? ouch. Still, I'll readily pay it. Their live shows are far better than their records these days. 11/1 is the day before election day. Do you think Stipe will have anything to say?

Not a bad weekend. Got a lot of work done around the house. Yard work, putting the basement back together after a minor flood 2 weeks ago, shopping for new carpeting. Damn - carpet is expensive. Gonna cost about $2000. Ouch. So much for that iPod I've been eyeing. Went to the Eagle on Saturday. Different crowd than usual. Not bad. Not great. Just different.

Ugh - need more coffee.





Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?