Sunday, April 18, 2004

 

Sunday Sunday Sunday

Sunday - absolutely beautiful, picture perfect day. 82 and sunny and it's still just after 6:00pm. I can't wait for summer. I want to make an appointment to have someone come open our pool, but I think that's jumping the gun a bit. We've god a good 6 weeks before we can feasibly go swimming. A few hours of daylight left. Maybe I'll go outside and read.

BF went to the NASCAR race in Martinsville this weekend. He'll be back tonight. I don't like when he's gone for too long. I'll be glad when he's home. Nice to have a little time to myself though. Not that I did much of anything. Cleaned up the yard, which was still a mess from when they put in the new fence. Spent too much time playing on the Xbox. That Simpsons "Hit and Run" game is tons o' fun. You expect to sit down for a few minutes, but the hours fly by.

Good shows this weekend. The Fleshtones at Iota on Friday. They are still one of the best damn rock 'n' roll bands out there. Jumping into the crowd...the entire band jumping on top of the bar and playing...the crowd dancing and clapping along... That's what rock 'n' roll shows are supposed to be - a big giant kick-ass party. Beauty Pill and Decahedron at the Black Cat last night. I love Beauty Pill. Just listened to their new disc. I like it, but I need to listen closer. I was very impressed with Decahedron. Very powerful stuff for a trio. Great show. I'll definitely check them out again. Go buy their disc. Very light, mellow crowd, which was a nice change from all of the sold-out shows I was at earlier this month.

Stopped by Blowoff for a quick one on the way home. Didn't stay long, but it was a fun way to end the night.

Upcoming shows - Lunachicks@9:30 (although I'm really going to see Washington Social Club). Joan Jett@9:30. Both shows are related to the activities on the Mall this weekend.



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?