Friday, April 02, 2004

 

Dylan!

YES!!! My boyfriend managed to get us tickets to see Bob Dylan tonight at the 9:30 Club. Bob Dylan in a friggin' bar. How cool is that?! My BF rules. I cannot wait for this one. I've seen Dylan plenty of times - even from as close as the 3rd row - but this is gonna be amazing! Listening to Blood On The Tracks right now. One of the few albums I own that is absolutely 100% perfect.

Busiest music week I've had in years. Ratdog on Wednesday. Dylan tonight. WSC at the Black Cat tonight after Dylan. Death Cab tomorrow. Dylan again Sunday at the Warner. P-Furs Monday (if I can get someone to split the 2-4-1 deal). The Darkness Tuesday (if they don't cancel). Yowza. I'm getting too old for this. 6 shows in 5 days. Reminds me of my Grateful Dead days. I think my record with them was 8 shows in 10 days. Not to mention the drive from DC->Atlanta->Chapel Hill->DC . Sigh....gone are the days...

I'm useless at work today. Dylan, Dylan, Dylan.

My favorite Dylan lyric:
"The ghost of electricity howls in the bones of her face." -Visions of Johanna

Damn. I love that line.

Pansy Division is playing at DC Nine on 4/10. Get your homo-ass out there and support them.

Can I go home now?

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?