Monday, March 15, 2004

 

Small World

Stayed home with the boyfriend today. His ankle is a lot better, but it's still pretty bruised and he needs to stay off it for a few days.

Something rather bizarre happened when I ran to the grocery store this afternoon. When I pulled into a parking space and got out of my car, I noticed this guy walking by. No big deal - he's walking towards the store. I turned away and realized he looked really familiar. I turned around again to look and noticed he turned around too. That's when I realized it was my cousin Rob. I probably haven't seen him in almost 2 years. Neither of us live particularly close to that grocery store. He was in the area on business and I made a special trip out there to pick up something specific. What are the odds that by sheer coincidence we end up at the same place, literally 5 feet from each other? That was a nice surprise.

I wonder how often things like that happen, but we miss them? We could come within feet of people we know, but not notice. How often do we miss running into people we haven't seen in years, literally by seconds?

While I was out, I stopped by the used CD store and picked up:

The Go-Go's - Return To The Valley Of The Go-Go's
TV On The Radio - Desperate Youth, Blood Thirsty Babes
Bob Mould The Last Dog and Pony Show
Minor Threat - Live DVD.

British Sea Power tonight.

How 'bout those Terps?

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?