Wednesday, March 17, 2004

 

Banning Homos?

WHAT HE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE?!?!?

quote from the article:
====================
The Rhea County commissioners approved the request 8-0 Tuesday.

Commissioner J.C. Fugate, who introduced the measure, also asked the county attorney to find a way to enact an ordinance banning homosexuals from living in the county.

"We need to keep them out of here," Fugate said.
====================

Fuck You, prick. Now, I can understand people not liking gay people. I can understand that they're uncomfortable around us sometimes. But we're talking government officials here. They want LAWS made banning the mere presence of us in their county. That's absurd. It'll be interesting to see how this plays out. Hopefully, it's getting lots of press. Expose these folks for the fools they are.

Saw British Sea Power on Monday. Very tight, solid band. Way too loud though. Almost painful. Went to DC Nine for a quick one after the show. Seems like an interesting space. Actually had a normal conversation with someone at the bar. That rarely happens to me. Seems like the only folks I usually get to talk to are old trolls trying to pick me up or people that are falling down drunk. I wish there was a cool alterna-pub around here. Maybe I could get the bf to go more often.

I'm tired of hanging out in gay bars when we go out. I don't mind them too much, but I just get tired of the same ones all the time. The music sucks (unless you comandeer the jukebox at the Eagle, which isn't half bad. The Lantern is bearable, but that's about it. The others are generally horrible. Blowoff was fun, but we're not much into dance music, and it's a little cramped down there in the basement.

BF's foot is much better. Walking more, but not ready to drive yet. Maybe next week.

Next show is The Decemberists on 3/23. I may buy Sleater-Kinney tickets tomorrow. Concert season is in full swing. My ears are starting to ring a lot though. I need to have that checked out. I hope it's nothing serious. Maybe I'm just getting old and crazy. I hope so.

This looks awesome: Queercore Blitz. A queer punk/alternatice/rock music fest. Coming to DC 4/25 at Fellowship Hall, Casa del Pueblo United Methodist Church, 1459 Columbia Road NW, Washington DC.

See you there.



Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?