Wednesday, February 04, 2004

 
First post... Not sure why I decided I needed a blog, but what the hell. I guess I was inspired by Bob Mould's blog and thought - hey - I can do that.

A little about me...I'm 38 years old...Unix admin...gay...music freak. In a long-term relationship for 8 years. The anniversary of our first date is next week. awwww. We actually keep forgetting the exact date, but my SO never forgets what weekend it is, because we met the Saturday night before the Daytona 500. How romantic - lol.

I live just outside of Washington, DC, which I love. Lots to do. Lots of music around. I love seeing live music. I'll go see anyone. I've seen everyone from The Grateful Dead to Black Flag to Yo Yo Ma. Yes, another gay-deadhead-punk. Trying to get back into some local DC indie-type bands. Current faves include Washington Social Club and The Carlsonics. Any other recommendations? Upcoming shows include The Shins and (probably) Super Furry Animals, The Walkmen and British Sea Power. Decahedron sounds interesting. I never got to see Frodus. They're playing at The Black Cat on 2/24.

I spend WAY too much money on CDs. That's gotta stop. Although if you wanna recommend something...

Don't hang-out much in the gay scene. Can't stand most of the bars. The music drives me nuts. Downstairs at The Eagle is cool and the Green Lantern on Thursdays can be fun. I really need to checkout Blowoff at 9:30 one night.

I workout at Washington Sports Club, although I'm not as disciplined as I should be. Still, I'm not doing so bad for an old man - lol.

Graduated from Penn State Penn State in '87 with a BS in Math. Yeah - I'm a geek. I hope their football team does better this year. I'd hate to see JoePa go out with such a bum record.

hmmm - that's enough for now. More later.

Now Playing: The Walkmen - Bows and Arrows

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?